Thursday 7 February 2008

Ashes to Ashes from LIFE that used to be ON MARS

The shrieking of nothing is killing. Just pictures of jap girls in synthesis and I aint got no money and I aint got no hair but I’m hoping to kick but the planet its glowing.” Indeed. Once again Bowie has inspired another TV series as surreal and entertaining as his lyrics. I’ve just finished watching the first episode of Ashes to Ashes, the Life on Mars spin off. It’s a promising start.


First episode down and there are questions galore: Why has the protagonist been sent back to 1981? Why have Gene Hunt and co transferred from Manchester to London? Will Sam Tyler make an appearance? I suppose this is what J.J Abrams refers to as the ‘mystery box.’ I still think all that gel he puts on has seeped through and clogged up his neural pathways. Until the series finishes and warrants reflection, lets reminisce.

Edit: Here's a promo

No comments: