Wednesday 1 August 2007

Chile, the desert planet

I’ve been to Chile many times. Granted most were when I was very young and my mum secreted me past the Imperial Star Destroyers to get to Valparaiso aka Mos Eisley.


What you realise, when first setting foot on Chile’s reddish/yellow soil, is that this is the place George Lucas drew inspiration, to create Tatooine as seen in the Star Wars films. There are many strange and wonderful creatures in Chile, some might even say, alien. And what was the heavily armed and oppressive dictatorship lead by Pinochet’s Military Government, if not a parallel to the Galactic Empire’s occupation of Tatooine?






The Chilean people themselves are small, often cloaked and have yellow glowing eyes. They will try and sell you robots and other appliances.


Chile is great to travel around if you can get a land speeder but whatever you do don’t talk to the sand people. They’re assholes.

4 comments:

nonstickplans said...

Great post, bjam. Don't show your mother.

Adey said...

you rock my world bjam... i always knew you wee like some more attractive Han Solo or something ghey like that.

Bjam said...

My mum is in hiding from the empire at the mo. I think she said something about pod racing...

Bjam said...

Han Solo was a carpenter once you know.