Tuesday 21 August 2007

Final Fantasy VIII & IX stole my life

Not that much really, just the majority of a summer in 1999 and 2000. It’s all a bit vague but for one of those summers my friend’s parents had gone on holiday, leaving us home alone. Sadly no burglar’s attempted to break in, so the opportunity to build a series of elaborate booby traps, made from house hold items didn’t arise.


A routine of playing, making cups of tea, eating pot noodle and drinking ensued. Being strapped for cash, it really was a diet of McVities Digestives and Chicken and Mushroom flavoured Pot Noodle. They should have changed the tag line from, ‘the slag of all snacks’ to ‘game junkie’s choice.’


I heard the battle victory music so many times I thought I was going to bash my friend’s head in with the Playstation controller. Still, it was a memorable experience, if a bit scarring.


No comments: